O.DiBella Music

O.DiBella Music


O. DiBella Music was founded in 1910 by Onofrio DiBella, an immigrant from Italy proud to have become an American. The company originally published Italian music for festival bands, mandolin, guitar and accordion.

In 1924, having great success selling Italian dance music, Onofrio moved the store from his home on 2nd Avenue in New York City into a building which was formerly an NYC public school on 116th Street. In this lively neighborhood called Spanish Harlem, near the famed Apollo Theater, the company - which by then included Onofrio's son, Michael - began to sell musical instruments. From building bongos and congas on the premises, to being one of the first Gibson Guitar franchises in NYC, O. DiBella Music began enjoying success as an instrument retailer.

In 1966, Michael DiBella moved the company to the suburbs in Bergenfield, NJ, where it remains today.

In recent years Michael's son Mike, along with his son in law Harry, have brought the company to it's present form. Franchised to sell most of the industries major product lines, the family owners at O. DiBella Music pride themselves on customer satisfaction.

Sales, repairs, and rentals are available on most types of instruments, while the concentration remains on the old world service their customers deserve. In addition, school music, sheet music and music lessons are all important parts of O. DiBella Music's business.