As one of Gibson's first successful Electric Spanish (ES) guitars, the ES-150 was groundbreaking instrument in many ways. Like many Gibson guitars the ES-150 experienced a stoppage in production during World War II, and was reintroduced in 1946 with a number of changes. Most notably, the original blade or "Charlie Christian" pickup was replaced with a P-90.
Years of Production: 1936 - 1942, 1946 - 1956 Wood Composition: Maple body, Rosewood fingerboard
Body Style: Non-cutaway archtop hollowbody
Design Elements: P-90 pickup, dot inlays, bound top and back