Reverb is committed to ensuring that every sale is completed to the full satisfaction of both buyer and seller. In the event of a dispute, the Reverb staff will communicate with both parties, review the situation, and work towards a resolution. In these cases, equal consideration will be given to both sides of the transaction, and every dispute will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To qualify for Reverb protection, orders must be carried out directly through the Reverb site. This includes record of both payment and shipment. Any order transacted through private messaging or off of Reverb.com does not qualify. Additionally, disputes must be communicated to Reverb within 7 days of the shipment being received (or within 14 days of the anticipated delivery date in cases of non-delivery).
Protection for Buyers:
At Reverb, we understand the joy that comes with getting new gear and the disappointment that comes if any issues arise with your purchase. Should your order run into any issue, please let us know as quickly as possible.
- The buyer should contact Reverb support at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and describe the situation with relevant details on what has occurred. Communication must be made within 7 days of receiving the item where applicable.
- Reverb will review the sale and communicate with the seller in order to reach resolution in accordance with their shop policies and expectations.
- If no resolution is reached, Reverb will recommended the next step the buyer should take. In extreme cases, this may include exercising protective services via Paypal or through their credit card provider.
- Reverb will provide documentation of our recommendations to payment institutions in situations deemed appropriate. This is left to the sole discretion of the Reverb.com staff.
Protection for Sellers:
Unlike some other marketplaces, Reverb is fully aware of the realities that come with selling instruments and gear online. As preventative steps, we recommend outlining your exact shipping and payment policies by editing your shop page here. We also strongly encourage thorough and upfront listings, with photos and details outlining the exact condition of your gear.
- In the event of the dispute, the seller should notifiy Reverb support at email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Reverb will make contact with the buyer and relay any relevant information back to the seller.
- In the event of a dispute, your account will remain in good standing so long as effort is made to reach a reasonable resolution to the situation. Sellers who are not responsive to our resolution efforts are subject to account suspension.
- As with sellers, Reverb will provide documentation of our recommendations to payment institutions in situations deemed appropriate. This is left to the sole discretion of the Reverb.com staff.