Reverb Protection shields buyers from fake, faulty, or falsely advertised items and sellers from fraudulant purchases.
Because we're smaller and focused on musical instruments, we provide more personalized and responsive customer service. Our team's deep knowledge of gear allows us to provide better and more specialized assistance to both buyers and sellers. In the event of a dispute, the Reverb staff will communicate with both parties, review the situation, and work towards a resolution. Equal consideration will be given to both sides of the transaction.
To qualify for Reverb Protection, orders must be carried out directly through the Reverb site. This includes record of both payment and shipment. Any order transacted through private messaging or off of Reverb.com does not qualify. Additionally, disputes must be communicated to Reverb within 7 days of the shipment being received (or within 14 days of the anticipated delivery date in cases of non-delivery).
Protection for Buyers
We've got you covered
At Reverb, we understand the joy that comes with getting new gear and the disappointment that comes if any issues arise with your purchase. Should your order run into any issue, please let us know as quickly as possible. Whether you pay through Reverb's Direct Checkout or PayPal, you're protected from any fake, faulty, or falsely advertised items.
- The buyer should contact Reverb support at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and describe the situation with relevant details on what has occurred. Communication must be made within 7 days of receiving the item where applicable.
- Reverb will review the sale and communicate with the seller in order to reach resolution in accordance with their shop policies and expectations.
- If no resolution is reached, Reverb will recommended the next step the buyer should take depending on the method of payment used. If payment is made through Paypal, we will walk you through the Paypal dispute process and provide any materials needed to ensure the dispute reachers the correct end. If the sale is completed through Reverb's Direct Checkout payment system, Reverb will issue a refund direct to the buyer's credit card once it has been established that no other agreeable resolution has been reached with the seller.
- Reverb will provide documentation to payment institutions in situations deemed appropriate. This is left to the sole discretion of the Reverb.com staff.
Protection for Sellers
Sell with Confidence
For those participating in our Preferred Sellers Program, Reverb process all Direct Checkout Payments and therefore assumes all of the fraud risk. For items paid for through PayPal, sellers are protected by PayPal's Seller Protection and Reverb customer service staff will aid in providing details during PayPal's resolution process.
Unlike some other marketplaces, Reverb is fully aware of the realities that come with selling instruments and gear online. As preventative steps, we recommend outlining your exact shipping and payment policies by editing your shop page here. We also strongly encourage thorough and upfront listings, with photos and details outlining the exact condition of your gear.
- In the event of the dispute, the seller should notify Reverb support at email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Reverb will make contact with the buyer and relay any relevant information back to the seller.
- In the event of a dispute, your account will remain in good standing so long as effort is made to reach a reasonable resolution to the situation. Sellers who are not responsive to our resolution efforts are subject to account suspension.
- As with sellers, Reverb will provide documentation of our recommendations to payment institutions in situations deemed appropriate. This is left to the sole discretion of the Reverb.com staff.